Deuteronomy 6:5-7

Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Monday, October 22, 2007

Perspective

Today (so far) has brought an improved perspective for me.

Maddie woke up at 8:45am this morning (translated--an hour and a half LATER than usual)!

Jack ate well during the night and went right back to sleep. He also napped after his morning bath, which allowed me to shower and start laundry before Maddie woke up.

Joe went to work a little late this morning (like 7:30am), since he won't be getting home until after 9pm tonight. This allowed him to spend some time with Jack, and he moved the pack-n-play into the office (translated--out of direct big sister shrieking area). This required him to move a rather large piece of furniture into the basement, in work clothes.

I am reminded how much I loved breastfeeding Maddie at the end and how I cried when she stopped. I have hope that this will get easier. I am still tired of ugly, unsupportive nursing bras and wearing 2 layers all day, and feeling like a faucet...but, it is worth it...and I WILL miss it when he is done...

This is all such a short season...I cannot believe how quickly Maddie has grown...I need to keep remembering that. If I could only have positive thoughts all the time...and have days that started off well, like this one did.

I don't know about the whole cancer thing still...I have to pray about that one continuously...I want to get over the fear and let God have control...rather than thinking I need to control it (since I cannot anyway)...everytime I hear the story of a young mom dying...my heart breaks and the fear heightens for me again...Satan at work.

Okay, play time is over. Maddie is waking from her nap...and so is Jack. Thus begins the afternoon. I am going to get Burger King for lunch. My excuse is that I need to get out of the house at least once a day...and Joe is getting home late tonight. Works for me.

2 comments:

votemom said...

i'm so glad that God blessed you with a positive start to your day!!! you have been on my mind all morning.

enjoy your lunch.
and know that people are praying for you.

from lamentations 3:

Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:

Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for His compassions never fail.

They are new every morning;
great is Your faithfulness.

I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."

Pam said...

I have a very dear friend in the area whose mother also died from breast cancer and she has dealt with the exact things you are feeling right now. Can I put her in touch with you?

I'm praying.