Deuteronomy 6:5-7

Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Friday, June 27, 2008

Commitment Conviction

I have done a LOT of thinking and praying this week. Being SO involved in the Lord's work for 10+ hours a day tends to make one reflect on her life. The Lord has really been speaking to me lately about the commitments that I have in my life. I am feeling VERY unsettled with all of the "things" that I have going on both now, and as I look toward September.

I have not prayed as diligently as I believe I should have when making "decisions" about where to serve and what groups to join, etc. ALL of the areas that I have been a part of are WONDERFUL--there is not one that I "want" to (or have wanted to) give up...but, the Lord has placed it on my heart to really pray, pray, pray and reevaulate my involvements. Perhaps it has become even more vivid as I was away from my home and my kids for more than 12 hours each day this week...I don't know, at any rate, I am feeling a deep conviction to focus my attention on this right now.

If you think of it, would you pray for me? I don't know if this post makes any sense...but it is what my heart is feeling at this exact moment. I want to be obedient to the Lord's calling on my life. I just wish that there was a billboard in front of me telling me what to do, where to go...

...instead, I will pray and wait.

6 comments:

Keri Harrison said...

I'm definitely praying for you! :)

Kim said...

I love that you feel God speaking to you about the future. You were a great addition to the mission trip team this year and I am so happy to know that it was altering for you. I am praying for your to have patience in waiting for Him to direct you and clarity in hearing that direction when He is ready.

votemom said...

we can never pray enough, can we?

He will show you what to do - because He wants you in His will.

(i'm taking that advice too, btw)

Pfaff said...

Your right...I don't fully understand your thought. However, I hope YOU come to understand your dilemmas and whatever decisions you need to make...if it's meant to be, it will all work out for the best!!! I hope to see you guys this weekend, let us know when you have a free minute. We'll be on lot #60 at Stafford Park from tomorrow till Sunday. We'll be at my Grandma Mays for the fireworks (please come sit with us...it's the best seat in town!) and we'll be on my Mom's front porch for the parade!!!!

targetshopper said...

I understand what you are saying and I will be praying!

Pam said...

You know that I am praying!