Deuteronomy 6:5-7

Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Madison Turns Two!

Our little Maddie has turned two!

We had a wonderful week or so of celebrating!

She opened her gift from Great Grandma Alice and decided to try both outfits on OVER her pjs and to play with both ponies while wearing all three layers. I had to laugh!


Here is our party girl before her guests arrived!
We had a "Very Hungry Caterpillar" theme, as it is Maddie's favorite books...so, throughout the house you could see "caders."
I attempted to rewrite the story to "fit" our girl. It is kinda cheesy, but it made me cry when I got to the end...
We had all of the caterpillar's food choices represented in some way or another and I made cupcakes...
Here is Maddie after the big day...she is worn out!
Aunt KiKi could not make it to Maddie's party, but she made her a cake anyways!
Our dear Madison, you are so precious to us. We cannot believe how blessed we are to have you as our daughter. You make us smile all day long and we just know our life was SO boring before you came into it. WOW, do I love you! Happy birthday Maddie-moo, Punker-doo! You are TWO!

2 comments:

Keri Harrison said...

Great job on the symmetry of the butterfly! :) I'm really sad that I couldn't be there - especially because of the outcome of the day.

Anonymous said...

That is one of the cutest birthday theme's I've ever seen! It's so sweet how you re-wrote the story for her! I'm sure she will cherish that when she is older! What great ideas!!

Happy Belated Birthday Maddie!!