Deuteronomy 6:5-7

Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Whew!

This has been such a week!



I participated in a short-term, local mission trip this week to Grace Centers of Hope. Our group set out to "re-do" the inside of a house owned by the Mission. GCH runs a Mission to house homeless and recovering addicts...and families. They also purchase homes for people to live in after a year at the Mission. They are sort of "halfway houses" to allow people to get back on their feet for a short time (about 2 years) before living on their own. This year our "Divine Design" team worked on a house occupied by 7 men in the program.



This was a life-changing experience and one that I pray will stay fresh in my mind. I was on the Encouragement Team...we made meals, provided refreshments, and ran a LOT of errands. We did some work in the actual home, but mostly stayed behind the scenes. The women who worked in the home amazed me...the men living in the home amazed me...I am...AMAZED. God is doing such great things and I was so blessed to be a part of this small thing that He is doing at GCH.



To see some pics you can go to http://divinedesignbirdhouse.blogspot.com/


To those of you who gave support and prayed during this week...THANK YOU!! Prayers were felt. To anyone who might want to help...we still need money to finish paying for all that we did! Let me know if you can help!


I pray that we can remember all that we have, and be so thankful for the many blessings and comforts that we have been given. So many have so little...but, oh, they have SO MUCH, everything, when they have Jesus.


Heavenly Father,
Please bless the lives of the men living in the birdhouse tonight. May they enjoy their new surroundings. May this small thing encourage them in BIG ways...may they impact this world for YOU. Help them to feel you all around them today and for the rest of their days. May You shine through them. I pray that they know how much they blessed US this week. Thank you for the opportunity to serve them in Your precious name. I am humbled and in awe of you.
I love you, Jesus. Amen.

2 comments:

votemom said...

amen!

Pam said...

I'm so glad you got to be involved! Sounds like a wonderful (though tiring) week!