Deuteronomy 6:5-7

Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Such a cool night!

So, I know that I have LOTS of kid updating to do...but, I had such a great evening tonight that I want to share! Joe and I (and our small group) went to see Selah perform a benefit concert. The concert was to raise money for Laban ministries. This one evening raised over $32,000! Praise God!

I did not get the greatest pics of Selah performing because of the lighting in the church, but here are two...

One of the coolest parts for me was getting to meet Angie Smith. She is Todd Smith's (Selah lead singer) wife. I have been reading her blog (click on the "Bring the Rain" link on the sidebar) for months and have been SO blessed by her story. She was so gracious and kind...and funny! I got to talk with her twice and get some pics with her!

Todd was so funny, too. I told him that I was really there to see his wife, not him...he laughed and said that most women say that now. She has become quite the celebrity! They are such an adorable family and I feel so blessed to have met them.Thanks, Jamie, for introducing us and for getting us past "security!" You rock!

5 comments:

Pam said...

OMG (that would be oh my goodness, just to clarify).....I am so jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pam said...

P.S. You *do* have a lot of updating to do girlfriend! C'mon, get with the program! ;-)

KW said...

Our pics of the singing turned out better. I guess that is a perk to having the worse seats :-). I will try to get them posted to facebook and our blog soon.

Targetshopper: said...

It was a tremendous night! Thanks for sharing the photo with me! Wasn't she shorter in person than expected?

votemom said...

i've been a selah fan for years - their music is timeless and rich and so GOD.... if you know what i mean. love them. i'm glad you got to go!!