Deuteronomy 6:5-7

Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Kate-kate. Two weeks. Already. *sigh*

As I post this, Kate is actually 3 and 1/2 weeks old...so I am only a *little* behind in my posting about her...now the entire year before her, well that's a different story. I got some makin' up to do. I'll do it. I will.

For now, though. Let me relish in the fact that this sweet face belongs to my child. Is she not precious? She is wearing the absolutely.ADORABLE. outfit that Aunt Keri...I mean Maddie bought for her (while she was staying with Aunt Keri...I believe that Aunt Keri actually BOUGHT the outfit...but we let Maddie believe it was her idea...and that she actually bought it...anyways...).

Have I mentioned that I LOVE this face? And I love polka-dots. Sometimes. And usually only on babies. Or small sweet kids. Not on me.

So, the outfit. Kate has worn it twice. And twice she has completely showered it in spit-up only minutes (okay maybe an hour or two) after it being put on her.

I am hoping that one day SOON she'll actually wear it ALL DAY! I. LOVE. THIS. BABY. (especially when she is sleeping:)). I am emotional today about how fast this time is just passing by. My baby will be one MONTH old this week. It is so hard to believe. Much of it is a blur. I hate that. I want to remember it all...even the hard stuff. I want to write more about it and take more pictures and literally DRINK IT ALL IN. I want to live more in the moment...make that second (except when there is spit-up, blow out diapers or three hour crying marathons involved).

I love being a Mommy (not Momma anymore, huh Jack?) and know that I don't really live the love that I feel for my family as much as I should. I am workin' on it...

3 comments:

votemom said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE that sweet little profile pic - she is so precious marie!

Pam said...

She is adorably precious!

Jo said...

I love the pictures! Katelyn is so adorable!! Soak it all in, Marie! I'm trying to also. I miss you and wish I was with you.

jo