Deuteronomy 6:5-7

Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Thirty for my Thirtieth (year)

So...I am turning 30 in a few short weeks. I am actually looking forward to it. Although, I do remember when I thought 30 was VERY.OLD. and that 30-year olds had life all figured out.

I don't think those things now.

Anyhow, I am looking at this coming birthday as an opportunity to look at my life and see what areas I want to grow and mature in over the next year. To that end, I am compiling a list of "30 goals for my 30th year." I may or may not post the list here...as some of the goals are quite personal, however, I would love your prayers as I work through the list...and feel free to ask me how it is coming from time to time. I'd love the accountability.

2 comments:

votemom said...

i remember too, thinking "30" was very, very old... and assuming (incorrectly) that 30 yr olds MUST have life figured out.


sigh.

p.s. i'm glad you are still my friend, even tho i was 17 when you were born!

Pam said...

I had a fabulous 30th birthday! I was newly married and the honeymoon phase was still in full force. :-) I'm glad you are excited for your 30th too, and I know God will bless your reflection and your goal setting.

I think 30 year olds who are maturing as they age (sadly, some people don't mature as they age....) do have *some* things figured out that they didn't have figured out when they were 20. But life keeps happening, and there are so many others things that stretch and grow us. That is one of the biggie things I learned over the years, that I would *never* have life "figured out" because it is a constant process and a constant journey. I find that kindof exciting actually, that even when I'm really old I can, Lord willing, still be learning and growing and changing and being stretched.

p.s. I'm glad you are still my friend too, even though I was also 17 when you were born!