Deuteronomy 6:5-7

Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Breast Cancer 3-Day!



Well, I am at it again! I have registered to participate in the Michigan 3-day walk in September! For those of you who have not heard of it, the 3-Day is a 60-mile walk spanning 3 days to raise money for breast cancer research. I did this walk in 2005 and it was life-changing. I wanted to walk the last two years, but in 2006 I had a newborn (Maddie) and last year Jack was due the weekend of the walk...I am thinking this year should be free:).

I am committing to raise at least $2100 for this cause. If you feel so led, please support the Susan G. Komen Foundation and make a donation on my behalf. You can do so online at the3day.org by entering my name in the "donate to a participant" section(chances are, if you are reading this blog, you will be getting a "please support me" letter soon, anyway!).

If you want to join me--and walk--I would love it! Just let me know. I would love to get a team together!

I don't have to tell you how much this cancer has affected my life. It has changed the lives of so many people that I know and love. I pray that there will someday be a cure.

Thanks a bunch!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you register with the magic morning show? I'm so sorry for how this cancer has affected your life! I am praying for a cure too. I hope that I'm on your list for a letter.