Deuteronomy 6:5-7

Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Memory Verses

For my own accountability, here are the two verses I have memorized over the last week and a half:

Isaiah 61:1
The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me because the Lord has annointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives, and to release from darkness the prisoners.

Luke 12:22-26
Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: they do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable are you than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?"

No comments: