Deuteronomy 6:5-7

Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Psalm 139

Following the lead of Angie from one of my favorite blogs, I took the challenge to memorize Psalm 139 by the end of 2008 (we started in mid-December). I was an hour behind, and had it memorized by 1am this morning (Jan 1st). What a blessing it was to spend SO much time on one chapter of Scripture! This led me to accept a challenge on Beth's site, to spend 2009 memorizing Scripture. Stay tuned!

May the words of this beautiful piece of Scripture bless you, as it has me!

O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You perceive my thoughts from afar. You dicern my going out and my lying down, you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue, you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in-behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain. Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. If I say surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me, even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you. For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you. If only you would slay the wicked, O God! Away from me, you bloodthirsty men! They speak of you will evil intent; your adversaries misuse your name. Do I not hate those who hate you, O Lord, and abhor those who rise up against you? I have nothing but hatred for them; I count them my enemies. Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead my in the way everlasting.

Amen and amen!

Wishing you a blessed 2009!

5 comments:

votemom said...

awesome!!

thank you for sharing. God's word is powerful and a sweet salve. it WILL do wonderful things in your life.

Rebekah said...

Ps. 139 is my favorite part of the Bible. We memorized it as a class in 5th grade, and I cannot tell you how many times God has used it to comfort me, reassure me, and convict me--and sometimes all at once :)

Pam said...

I love God's Word! Always so relevant. Thank you for sharing! I'm glad you are memorizing and meditating on God's Word!

Targetshopper: said...

Way to go on the memorization! Did you type it out from memory? :) It is beautiful. Happy New Year!

BlessingintheBattle said...

J--yes this was typed from memory, just another way to practice! Joe even tested me on it again tonight and I was able to do it all...with only a word here or there missing.
Praise God!