Deuteronomy 6:5-7

Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Freezer Meals

In anticipation of our third little bundle joining us in a little over TWO months (can you believe it?) I am planning to have a cooking marathon session (probably 2 or 3, actually) in late March/early April. I want to prepare a TON of freezer meals, sides, breakfast foods, breads, etc...for my family to enjoy over the summer. So, if you have any freezer meal recipes that you have tried and LOVE, please share them! I have a cookbook that I will be using a lot, but would love other suggestions.

Knowing that it will be summer, I am also looking for "lighter" meals, than you traditionally think of when you think "freeze ahead." Any of those ideas would we welcomed, too. I am going to spend the next month compiling ideas and making my plans!

Thanks! Off to family movie night--Maddie has chosen..."Madame Blueberry!" That, and goldfish for the "treat!"

4 comments:

Pam said...

I remember the days of Madame Blueberry for movie night! So sweet. Chicken pot pies freeze well. I freeze uncooked and cook after thawing. Prepared pork tenderloin or pork chops also freeze well. I have a recipe where you add sauce and cook after thawing. I freeze something called spaghetti pie, which also freezes great. I'll think some more and let you know if I come up with anything. If you are interested in any of these recipes, let me know.

Pam said...

P.S. Forgot to say that all kinds of muffins, unbaked, freeze GREAT. I have tons of muffin recipes.

votemom said...

i have a great muffin recipe that freezes great and is excellent for breakfasts. do you guys like taco salad? you could do the meat ahead and free it for that. i will ponder this and get back to you.

votemom said...

ok you need to update already - LAME-O!!!!